5.05.2008

Re-Entry

I just got back from an amazing two-week vacation. Kauai, Maui and topped off with a visit to the paradise of Louisville, KY for the Derby. Now I'm back at work. Half working. Half day dreaming of vacation. Half staring at my computer. Oh wait, that's three halves. I've probably looked at my vacation pictures 25 times today. Reminiscing. Loving it.

Usually when I come back from vacation, I'm dreading work, and just so unhappy about re-entering the real world. For some reason, this time I'm just happy. In a good mood. Thinking about the good things and not worrying about how much I have to do. I think I know why. Someone I know pretty well keeps talking about and quoting Getting Things Done (GTD). I tried reading it. Personally I'd rather read a trashy novel or a non fiction about Sorority Life, etc. But I am going to try to read another chapter this week. Small steps. Anyway, my opinion (before reading the book, so no offense to J or to the author of the book...) is that all you need is a 2-week vacation once in a while. I feel so amazingly refreshed. And despite the aforementioned photo viewing sessions throughout the day, I have gotten so much done today (see, GTD!!) That was my first two-week vacation since I started working. That's all I needed.

I am going to journal about my vacation soon, I just felt the need to start my writing this way - ease into the blog thing. It's new to me. I already like it. Life is good.

No comments: