6.13.2008

Vacation Part II

This is long overdue. Part II of vacation, my very first 2 week vacation ever. I covered Kauai in Part I, now on to Maui.

We arrived on a puddle jumper plane and headed to the Marriott Wailea. No ocean view room this time, but still very nice. We had heard about an amazing pool so we immediately went to check it out. It was amazing. It's called the serenity pool. No cell phones. No kids. Sunset. Poolside bar service. Ocean. Need I say more?














It's been over a month since we were there so a lot of the things I wanted to write about are lost from my mind. But these are the things that stand out:

1) Whale watching at the Pacific Whale Foundation. If you don't see a whale, you get a free ticket for another whale watching tour. And we were at the tail end (no pun intended) of whale season, we we were just expecting to have to come back to Maui sometime to use our free ticket. But just after we left the harbor, we saw it. A small spout. At first we were certain that it was someone scuba diving, working for the company so everyone thought they saw a whale. But alas, it was the real deal. We saw some amazing whales, very close up.
2) Paia - very cool hippy town on Maui. Went to the Flatbread Company - highly recommend.
3) Ceviche at Cafe O'Lei - we went back to have it a second time - it was that good. We convinced them to make it for us, even though it wasn't on the lunch menu. Apparently we weren't the first to do this.
4) Sitting out on a lanai at J's friends' house in Pukalani, having a nice dinner, with an amazing view of the island.
5) Secret Beach - I won't tell you where it was (see the name), but it was pretty cool. The waves were amazing.

I think that's about all for my vacation post. I wish I had written this on the plane home...

One thing I do know - I'm ready to go back!

No comments: